jueves, 12 de abril de 2012

Review of the film "An Inconvenient Truth" - Barbara Mayers

Hello! Hello!
Everything is fine? 
Well, today my topic will be this movie I saw a few days ago with my class called "An Inconvenient Truth" from Davis Guggenheim. I hope that every reader that beggins to read this review will finish it because it reflects the truth of our planet. 
Global warming is real and WE (humans) caused it.
This documentary is based on a speech that Al Gore, former Vice-President of the US, has been developing to create a concience on the citizen about the Global Warming.Our actions are affecting the ONLY planet we have to live and this is demostrated in this film by scientifically proven facts that we just don't want to assume. Al Gore is trying to convince the people, that our planet is getting warmer. He says that people don't want to assume it and uses the typical excuse "these are just cyclic changes".  He shows a lot of facts and satistics that corroborate his idea that affirms that the Earth IS REALLY getting warmer.
Al Gore stands in front of a graphic that shows the up and downs of the CO2 emissions in the past centuries and yes, there is a cyclical pattern.BUT in recent years the graph is going higher and higher off the chart. Is this a cyclical pattern too? PLEASE ! We have to open our eyes and realized that we started this and it is getting worse over time. Al Gore has alrready demostrate it in this film and it's time that we accept it and try to improve this situation with the advices given at the end of the film.

A lot of people find this topic boring and I know that many of you are thinking "Ok, another film of Global Warming, Co2 emissions and bla bla bla". Well, I'm not going to lie you. I saw a part of this film two years ago and I found it VERY BORING but I saw just like 20 min of this film. When I saw the movie with my class was the first time I saw it complete and I have now another perspective. This film does really get you. WE are creating this and if we continue like this there will be nothing we could do. This film will open your eyes and you will realize the seriousness of this issue.

The possibility of change is in our hands. LETS MAKE SOMETHING FOR OUR PLANET.

I hope you liked this.
Thanks for your attention (just for the ones who read this)
See Ya

1 comentario:

  1. Barb,
    Nicely done!

    Revise the line where you say "PLEASE!" Could you change something there?

    When you say "Al Gore has alrready demostrate it in this film" (Any tweakings there?)

    When you wrote ""bla bla bla". Well, I'm not going to lie you" (Use of infinitive forms!)

    "This film does really gets you" (Consider revision)

    In the end, aside from the small fixings you must make, it is a great review!
    I get the impression that you are going green...

    Miss V

    ResponderEliminar